Thursday, March 8, 2012

Try New Things Week!!

So last night, I made a pizza out of a large whole-wheat pita round, pesto, peppers, onions, basil, sundried tomatoes and feta. It's a creation that my commonlaw spouseoid came up with, and I freakin' love it. Not only is it clean, but it's SO DELICIOUS!!!

But tonight... I'm going to try a dish I've never attempted before.

Mission: Lasagna!! (I've only ever had it a handful of times, I don't even know if I like it. But... here we go!)
Recipe: Chicken and Spinach Lasagna.
Source: "The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2" by Tosca Reno.
Prep time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 90 minutes.

Okay, first of all, the prep time is about 80% true, 20% LIES AND DECEIT, if you do it the proper clean eating way. Because it calls for yogurt cheese and clean marinara, both of these had to be made before-hand.

Yogurt cheese: 24 hours
Clean Marinara: 40 minutes.... unless you count the fact that I made the clean tomato sauce before hand... which was about a half an hour a long time ago. Seriously. I don't even know how I had the time. Just... just use the canned, for the love of Gawd! (I DO love knowing that EVERYTHING was from scratch though!)
No ingredients were hard to locate. Really. Stay tuned for the update: Here I go!

*UPDATE: While the lasagna is baking in the oven for an hour, and smelling effin' delicious, I am making Spicy Clean BBQ Sauce. This is in preparation for this Sunday's upcoming New Thing: BBQ PORK RIBS!!! (both from Eat-Clean Cookbook 2). I'm excited, I've NEVER made ribs before. The more I prepare ahead of time, the easier it is!

**UPDATE: Sooo I was GOING to attach a picture of a beautiful square of lasagna, on a plate, with the whole grated parm cheese and the little basil leaf and the hey hey hey. But the damned thing smelled SO GOOD and I was SO HUNGRY that we just dove right in. It was delicious!!

So here are the remnants. Upside? LEFTOVERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment