Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crap situation made awesome!

You wanna know what I freakin' hate?

When I go to make something delicious, and I find out that my bread or buns has gone mouldy. I kind of die a little inside, because by the time I go into the pantry to grab said products, I have already committed myself to the happiness of whatever I have decided to ingest. And my plans are suddenly ruined.

The other day I went into the pantry to grab some yummy ancient grains tortillas to make a tasty wrap, and discovered that they had gotten dry. You know, how tortillas have to be all soft and roll-able to make a wrap? And you open your package and you're all, hey, they're not crusty, but they're not rollable either? How frustrating, because you know they're like, 1 day past being perfect. So you know what I did? I made up for my lack of wrap, and made tortilla chips.

I sprayed some extra-virgin olive oil on those bad boys, dusted them with sea salt and chili powder, cut 'em up with a pizza roller, threw 'em in a 350 oven for about 10 minutes, and whammy. Yum. I had to check them frequently so as they didn't burn, but once I took them out and let them cool, they were perfectly crisp.

Take that, crusty tortilla.
Experiment with your own favorite seasonings, and begin to wonder why you ever buy prefab!

No comments:

Post a Comment